OpenELEC, the embedded OS build around XBMC, has recently released build 3.0.0, the stable build to support XBMC Frodo 12.1. The update can be downloaded here, short update instructions are listed at the end of this post.
The most notable changes from the 1658 (!) changes in total are:
- DTS-MA and Dolby True-HD via XBMC’s new AudioEngine (requires hardware support, and not possible on AMD and RPi/ATV)
- Greatly improved Live TV and PVR support
- Improved image support, allowing the database to use additional image types.
- Support for the Raspberry Pi
- Better Airplay support across all platforms
- Advanced Filtering in the library
- Advanced UPnP sharing
Updating is a breeze, just download and unpack the build of your choice, and copy the 4 (KERNEL, KERNEL.md5, SYSTEM and SYSTEM.md5) system files to the /updates folder on your OpenELEC share. Detailed instructions are available on the OpenELEC wiki.
Original source OpenELEC news